Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Stage

Thanks to a faithful friend that said " you need to put something on your blog, at least some pictures." I am back. I have been very tired with this pregnancy and can't even begin to tell you how much I have just laid in bed. I'm not even reading or anything, maybe my hormones are canceling out my ADD.

I would like to share the funny changes going on at my home. My dear daughter who will be five (I can hardly believe it!!!) in two short months is becoming quite the star. From her first dance recital at two when she ran off the stage saying "mommy, I want to go back up there" I knew she was meant for the stage. As a baby she would get up and stand on anything over a foot tall and then start dancing. Now, you can often find her on her stool in front of the bathroom mirror pretending to be on TV. She keeps saying you can see her at www.sophia.com, I am hoping this is from watching the Disney channel and repeatedly hearing to visit their websites and not something much more scary to a mommy's mind. The funny thing about her new mirror obsession is that I had one at her age as well. My mother loves to tell of catching me practicing crying in front of a full length mirror I had in my room when I was four.

I have decided not to fight the stage loving, attention seeking child, but find her an outlet. So, tomorrow she is off to audition for a children's production of Winnie the Pooh. I figure it's free, she loves being on stage, and she is very good at memorizing her bible verses, so this should be a good fit. I am excited to see how she does. With me she is very outgoing, but it will be a different story when she is in front of strangers and I am excited to see her grow a little!! Yeah, I get to be a crazy stage mom! I need to go and work on my outfit for tomorrow!

1 comment:

Deedee said...

Haha Ok I seriously love reading your blogs! I catch myself sitting here at work laughing out loud sometimes from the things your kids do. haha I bet my coworkers think I'm crazy! That little Sophia sounds like she could definitely entertain a crowd! :) I wish you guys lived much closer... I love your idea of unschooling! I seriously need to start taking notes for whenever that day comes for Jake and I. You are an amazing mom! Way to go!