Saturday, October 11, 2008

Goals, continued

If you haven't read my previous goal post, go here first.

Sorry for taking so long to post these. We decided to rearrange our house at the last minute. It has made for two days of straight work, and still a big mess to clean up! I'm taking a break though and enjoying my old journal.

First page in journal

Goals, there are 53 written here, but I won't bore you with them all, here are the first 20 I wrote:

1. Adopt at least one child

2. Be a foster parent

3. Own a horse farm

4. Graduate from college

5. Own a matching pickup and trailer

6. Ride in a rodeo or two ( I really love roping!!)

7. Learn to rope/run barrels

8. Ride both hunter/Jump and Show Jumping classes

9. Do volunteer work with kids

10. Design and build my own arena and pens

11. Get married - only once

12. Ride horses in Ireland

13. Swim in all four of the oceans

14. Learn how to drive a tractor

15. Teach a class

16. Wear a size 7

17. Learn to sew

18. Learn to cook well

19. Live in Texas

20. Work on a ranch



Oh, these bring back many memories and quite a few smiles! Can you tell I love horses??? That is one part of my life that has been put on hold and I can't wait to have it back!

The other 33 are pretty funny as well. I added to the list over a few years and some entries are definitely a bit more dreamy than the rest like #37 End Racism.

I am glad to say that I have completed several of the goals on my list. And many of the goals are still dear to my heart, like #1 (although I'm thinking more than one now!!).

My goal list has inspired me to have the family make a goal sheet over the next week. I'll let you know what we come up with!

2 comments:

HeatherMM said...

I remember talking with you about all those sorts of things. It's funny how our lives go somethimes and we end up having or achieving goals that we never thought about in the past (in our younger years.) And the things we accomplish now are so much more satisfying then we ever thought. Life is good!

Zoa said...

I loved reading your goals- both past and present! How fun to get to know you better just by reading those!!! :) I can't wait to see you tomorrow- fun times ahead!!