Saturday, October 25, 2008

Self Analysis


I really enjoy looking deeply into the why of almost everything I do. Too many years working at a self help group I suppose. (oops, there I go again.)
Anywho, I have recently realized something about myself. I'm sure that if you know me you have already realized this about me, but it just finally clicked over here.
I love a challenge, I love puzzles and learning new things. Only thing is as soon as it becomes easy I don't find it all that interesting anymore.
This habit helps to explain my gigantic craft collection, various jobs, tons of hobbies, (and I'm thinking maybe this explains all the boyfriends, hmmm).
I remember in grade school we had to write about what we wanted to be when we grew up. I had a list of about 50 things, my goal was to have a new job each week so that i could try it all. Later in High School I took a skills test to see what I would be good at to help with career planning. It was such a mess, basically it said that I would be good at everything but medicine. (See tweets about sickness)
Like all traits that God has gifted us with this can either be a hindrance or a blessing. When I look at mothering and especially homeschooling I see this as a huge blessing!! It doesn't' bother me in the slightest to dive into a new project each week, learn a ton about it and then move on.
I have often thought that it would be great to start up business' (i have a ton of ideas rolling around my noggin) get them going and then have someone else run them. The more I analyze my giftings and the way God has wired me I think that this might not be such a bad idea. Now, just to build the capital to get the ball rolling. hmmm
One way that this habit does hinder me is with past college attempts. I am all gung ho at first, reading everything, get straight A's and then it gets boring, I slack off, lose interest and voila C's. I did attend three different colleges and changed majors five times. Thankfully God has finally given me peace about this as well. I plan to just homeschool myself along with my kids. I love to learn, but a class just doesn't go fast enough for me. Not that I am sooo brilliant, they just don't keep my attention.
Thanks for reading my observations!! I'm off to learn something new today, html I think.


No comments: